Request for Suzuki to make production exhausts again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Suzuki to make production exhausts again

I was looking for exhaust for my 1979 GS1000EN. No luck. So, I contacted the Vintage parts programme. It seems if Suzuki can get enough interest. They will remanufacture the part again.

Good Morning Bradley,
    >
    > We are in constant dialogue with the factory on reproducing discontinued spare parts. It's incredibly difficult due to many reasons: minimum order quantities, end price, tooling costs, etc. As an example, we were close to reproducing GSX-R1100 mufflers, but the end price of £1600.00 was deemed to high with a MOQ of a minimum of 300 pieces. We'll keep up the pressure when we can. Thanks for contacting us.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Michael
    > Suzuki GB PLC
    > Parts Dept – Vintage Parts
    >
    > eCommerce support powered by xSellco Helpdesk
    > On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:51 PM, Blittlej@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > https://shopvintage.suzuki.co.uk/

Originally posted by blittlej View Post
    I was looking for exhaust for my 1979 GS1000EN. No luck. So, I contacted the Vintage parts programme. It seems if Suzuki can get enough interest. They will remanufacture the part again.

Good Morning Bradley,
    >
    > We are in constant dialogue with the factory on reproducing discontinued spare parts. It's incredibly difficult due to many reasons: minimum order quantities, end price, tooling costs, etc. As an example, we were close to reproducing GSX-R1100 mufflers, but the end price of £1600.00 was deemed to high with a MOQ of a minimum of 300 pieces. We'll keep up the pressure when we can. Thanks for contacting us.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Michael
    > Suzuki GB PLC
    > Parts Dept – Vintage Parts
    >
    > eCommerce support powered by xSellco Helpdesk
    > On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:51 PM, Blittlej@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > https://shopvintage.suzuki.co.uk/
    1,600pound, that's about $2,100 USD, pricey. I can buy a Honda/Sankei re-issue of my 6 into 2 CBX pipes for $1,300 USD, this is the 2nd time Honda has done this for the CBX community. The re-issued pipes are an improved replica of the originals, so good they're stamped with a replica ID number so that no one can resell them as NOS.

Maybe an email to Six Center Motoren to inquire how that reissue was organized could be applied to Suzuki exhaust request as well. https://www.sixcenter.nl/index.html
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I believe that won't do any good Stateside, as the program only sells in Europe
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Nah, they'll sell anywhere I buy from them all the time.
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Even so, I'd buy them here and ship to the states for forum members.
          #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
          #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
          #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
          #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Working...
          X