GS750T airbox boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750T airbox boots

Trying to source some new airbox boots for my 750T, but they are not available on any of the OEM parts websites. Does anyone know of a source or interchangeability between models? It seems some 1100's and 750's shared airbox boots, but I'm unsure as the 750T's seem to be exclusive
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bikes:
    2016 Suzuki TU250X (Daily/Commuter)
    1982 Suzuki GS750T (Project)
    1979 Suzuki GS750 (in pieces)

Cage:
    2005 Subaru WRX Wagon sh*t box

eBay- $51.50 each from Japan. Ouch.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 13881-45450 Suzuki Tube, New Genuine at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Are yours cracked/broken or just hard/not malleable? If hard, I’ve read of folks successfully softening them up with a solution of wintergreen oil. Not sure of the formula or soaking duration.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Yikes... They are hard but seem to be in decent shape. I'll try a wintergreen concoction and report back.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Bikes:

Cage:

Comment

You can look up compatibility, there are several sites that use this same fiche, I use Partzilla.

Buy Suzuki 13881-45450 - HOSE, OUTLET. This OEM part is guaranteed by Suzuki's limited part warranty ✓ FREE Shipping on qualified orders - Partzilla.com

So yours are specific to the 82 and 83 750T.

Search this forum forum for 'wintergreen' or or YouTube if you have the old ones and want to try - it works, I did it to a bunch of stuff.
        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

These what your after
          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
          Albums

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
            You can look up compatibility, there are several sites that use this same fiche, I use Partzilla.

Buy Suzuki 13881-45450 - HOSE, OUTLET. This OEM part is guaranteed by Suzuki's limited part warranty ✓ FREE Shipping on qualified orders - Partzilla.com

Search this forum forum for 'wintergreen' or or YouTube if you have the old ones and want to try - it works, I did it to a bunch of stuff.
            Partzilla are handy when looking at part no's and cross referencing with other models. Problem is on my XS650 they have got the information on x referencing wrong so may times i have to do other x references to make sure............. or at times they have just got it wrong
            82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
            Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
            Albums

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

Nah I've already replaced those. Those go between the head and carbs. I need the rubber between the airbox and carbs.
              Bikes:

Cage:

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post

Yeah that's where I looked first. They seem specific to that model, but I was wondering if anyone had tried to fit other model's.

What is the longevity of the wintergreen method? A little research has led me to believe that it lasts long enough to get the carbs on, but the rubber will harden again.
                Bikes:

Cage:

Comment

It does gas out eventually and harden up again, I can't say exactly how long but it's months based on some carb boots I didn't immediately mount (so I could give them a squeeze).

Originally posted by Jimmbuzz View Post
                  Yeah that's where I looked first. They seem specific to that model, but I was wondering if anyone had tried to fit other model's.

What is the longevity of the wintergreen method? A little research has led me to believe that it lasts long enough to get the carbs on, but the rubber will harden again.
                  Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                  '79 GS100E
                  Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmbuzz View Post
                    Nah I've already replaced those. Those go between the head and carbs. I need the rubber between the airbox and carbs.
                    These guys claim to have them…..$23 each

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.
                    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                      These guys claim to have them…..$23 each

https://alpha-sports.com/suzuki_part...uki-bike-parts
                      Got in touch with them. They are discontinued and not available for purchase. Thanks for looking.
                      Bikes:

Cage:

Comment

Your wintergreen oil plan will work well on these parts. I did the same on mine not too long ago. Good as new, literally, after about 5 days in a 3:1 isopropyl alcohol:wintergreen mix. Keep the mix in a sealed jar after you're done - you can reuse it many times for other rubber stuff.
                        Last edited by jonnywdwd; 01-30-2022, 02:19 AM.
                        1981 GS250T

Comment

Originally posted by jonnywdwd View Post
                          Your wintergreen oil plan will work well on these parts. I did the same on mine not too long ago. Good as new, literally, after about 5 days in a 3:1 isopropyl alcohol:wintergreen mix. Keep the mix in a sealed jar after you're done - you can reuse it many times for other rubber stuff.
                          Yup got them soaking right now. Used Xylene as it seems to be what they use in Rubber Renue. May try 3D printing some in the future as I've seen some people have success with it. Want to get a printer for some of the side panels anyways, so it'll be something I'll look into.
                          Bikes:

Cage:

Comment

cruzin image.
                            Any good to you?

77-79 SUZUKI GS750 CARBURETOR AIR CLEANER BOX DUCT BOOTS 4 BOOTS | CRUZINIMAGE.NET
                            sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Those are not for 1982 model "T". I wonder if they would work? Not a bad price for a set of 4.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                              X