I would appreciate input on LED head lights lights and accessory lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
    I appreciate it, Gorminder. The Truck Light just isn't going to happen unless they make it look much more like a standard tail light. It looks like a Halloween mask to me.
    I'm sure you mean a HEAD light, not tail light, but I just don't see any "Halloween mask" in this:

If you are concerned about the LOOK, Holley (yes the carburetor people) now offer headlights.
    They have THIS ONE in a 'classic' 3000k color that looks like a halogen bulb, and they have THIS ONE in a 5700k that will be a much brighter white. They look more 'traditional', if you don't mind the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7 View Post

Would these higher wattage bulbs get too hot and melt the harness?
      I ran an 80-100 OSRAM halogen in my Commando for years without melting anything, or running out of electricity.

Fotr my, what I don't like about the replacement of the R/R is that it uses plugs. I have a strong preference for soldered connections.

sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

The Triumph part is well made and plugs directly into the 775. Your stator wires will solder onto those leads along with the positive and negative wires. It looks nice and neat and could be sealed with silicone if you wanted to.
        1981 GS 1000GLX.
        1981 GS 1000G.
        1981 GS 650GLX.
        1975 TS 185.
        1972 100. Kawasaki.
        1968 100. Suzuki.
        1970 Z 50. Honda.
        1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
        1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Thanks. The plugs on the R/R are the ones I was referring to. Does the 775 have a voltage sensing input? I've only seen a few GS that didn't show some overheating damage on the stator wires at the connectors. My GS do not have any connectors on the R/R, the come out of the box. The 775 has connectors on it, which, as I recall, also don't come with it. I'll probably go that way though if I figure out a headlight I like that fits in the original shell. I'll also look into doing something with the turn signals and running lights.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

It's a matter of physics to show that less load at the headlight bucket will equal more heat at the stator with a Shunt RR. If you're generally not running higher RPM for long periods who knows how much of a problem that could/would be.....

As ever... pay your money, make your choice, live with the results
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
            X