Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Q Horn Circuit 78 GS550E

In the title.
    Looking for the wire color for the horn switch. I believe the ground is very poor (someone hacked the main harness and has really odd wires "spliced and cut". I did my best to clean up the loom, have really good grounds but the left switch seems to be lacking a strong ground? Everything works but the horn and when I eoress I see a votlage draw from the Orange green on the horn side of .2V. the the orange green shoes a strong 12.8V when gorunded out through my voltmeter. Just the switch circuit is very weak. Cleaned the switch and contacts, notta, makes me think poor ground or poor circuitry. If someone could just show or tell me the horn circuit wires that would be great. I'll keep digging through the search feature.
    Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

On my 650, a green wire runs from the horn button to the horn. The orange/green at horn is always hot (with ignition on) and waits to be grounded out thru via green wire thru horn button to black/ white ground wire
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Excellent and thank you for some insight! I have deduced that I have the same wiring on my 550E. Seems like the loom itself has a poor grounding circuit. the harness was hacked up and I found all sorts of odd wires spliced into the green horn wire.
      My very best,
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
      X