Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug cap replacement

Hi everyone.
    I want to replace the old spark plug cap that are 41 years old but are having troubles trying to find an equivalent one . I can't see or tell if there is a resistor inside . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    John Sydney Australia

Sorry they are on my gsx 400 f 1981

Comment

Stock caps came with a resistor ….get new NGK ones with 5 kohm internal resistor ….widely available
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Tom203 much appreciated .

Comment

Originally posted by johnmc View Post
          Hi everyone.
          I want to replace the old spark plug cap that are 41 years old but are having troubles trying to find an equivalent one . I can't see or tell if there is a resistor inside . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          John Sydney Australia
          Yes, stock original caps have resisitor (5k), and original plugs did not.
          Get resisitor caps if your plugs do not have resistor.

If you cant find non-resistor plugs and have to get resistor plugs, then also get non-resistor caps.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

yes as Tom 203 says NGK... They come in a variety of lengths and angles too so download the catalogue and match them to yours-They can vary (in pairs) on four cylinder bikes

Comment

Working...
            X