Where to find a set of coils.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find a set of coils.

I have a 78 750 and 2 of the spark plugs just stopped firing when you put the plug wire on the plug tried everything I can think of even jump-firing it to make them run, well that worked but I am in search of a set of coils now but can't find it at the local shops. it cuts out and is very hard to control at slower speeds.

Which 2 plugs? One coil fires plugs 1&4, the other coil fires plugs 2&3. Cylinders are numbered 1234 L to R as you sit on the bike.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

it is the 2nd and the 3rd. Checked connections & fuses already. Here are things I was told till now, it's the carb adjustment, bad fuel delivery or it might be the bad coils I have tried everything so far but all in vain just tried installing an old but working coil but nothing. fuel delivery is ok. will check the carb adjustment and the strange thing is the bike is running fine at 5K or above RPMs.

Comment

So the coil that fires plugs 2 & 3 magically starts firing above 5K RPM?

Does your bike have the original points ignition or has some replaced it w/ electronic?
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Strange, isn't it??

The points are original and ok to use. Changing Dyna electric ignition mod help here?
          Last edited by Lou; 06-17-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

All I can tell you is people here have changed over from points to electronic ignition. Don’t know if that will solve your problem. Could be the plug wires are bad on the 2/3 coil. Dunno. You’ll have to wait for someone with more electrical diagnostic skill and experience to chime in.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
            X