1982 GS1100GL Turn signal relay issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100GL Turn signal relay issue

So, my turn signal relay on my 82 GS1100GL finally crapped the bed. I saw on Basscliff's site that you can wire in a EP34 flasher as I do have newer LED turn signals now. I followed his instructions exactly and I now have zero turn signals what so ever. Anyone ever run across this? I might just end up trying to find the OEM turn signal relay, even though I just cut the harness, I'll be able to fix that.
    Last edited by Kwish; 09-22-2022, 07:53 PM.

When did you install the LED's, If I understand it right, they aren't supposed to work with OEM or regular flashers, they don't draw enough current.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I installed the LED flashers a week ago and the OEM worked as long as I manually would flick the switch on/off. And the EP34 flasher say it is for LED lights 2-6 lamps. So I'm kind of baffled as to why it is not working. As far as I can tell I have wired it correctly I believe. The orange/green wire has 12v and is connected to the E terminal on the new relay and the light blue wire is connected to the L wire and then I have the B terminal just grounded to the battery. I'll have to do some further testing after work to see if maybe I coincidentally have a bigger issue now.

Comment

**UPDATE** Well, I figured it out, for some reason my 82 GS1100 wiring or maybe the relay changed. The orange/green(12v switched) actually had to go to the B terminal on the EP34 relay and then the light blue stayed on the L terminal of the relay The ground had to be on the E terminal as well. After I swapped that around the flashers are now working as intended. I still just bypassed the self cancelling feature as I can live without it..

Comment

Thanks. Had the same problem with my '80 GS850G and it works perfectly now with the wiring change. Nice to have an easy fix once in a while. LOL Kaz

Comment

Working...
          X