77 gs750 fuse holder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 gs750 fuse holder question

My gs750 is missing the fuse holder so I picked one up on Ebay..My bike just has a positive wire taped to another under the left side cover..no fuse and afraid I could have a electrical melt down with such old wiring on the bike..I've searched for pics of the components under that left side cover but I never see the fuse holder included..were does it mount?.. and it also seems to have a ground wire mounted to the assembly which comes from somewhere..thx s-l1200.webp

I have a 77 GS750 and no fuse holder was found however, a barrel type fuse holder (stereo style) was installed. I installed a blade fuse holder for the bike and a seperate one for the voltage regulator after I converted to a modern one. You should do the same instead of using that barrel type fuse holder.

The attached pic shows the only fuse on the GS750 wiring diagram.

fuse.png
    Current:
    1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
    1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
    1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
    1998 Chevy C2500
    1999 Rav4

Comment

Does this help at all?

And you found absolutely nothing in the Factory Service Manual found on BikeCliff's Website? It's a really good scan, and the images very sharp compared to some free pdfs you can find.

Attached Files
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Does this help at all?

And you found absolutely nothing in the Factory Service Manual found on BikeCliff's Website? It's a really good scan, and the images very sharp compared to some free pdfs you can find.

Yes..I see it..item 27..looks like another fuse holder is shown too..item #10 ..I'm still curious as to how it mounts though ..Looks like most owners have ripped them out when I search the pics ..I will now be checking to see if I at least have item #10 ..thanks

Comment

I had one of those # 10 fuse holders in an old box of misc.GS Parts I bought on ebay for cheap years ago. Had it until this past summer when I bastardized it to fix the dodgy factory wiring on my kid's POS Chinese dirt bike.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I may have another clue. Looking more closely at the parts fiche, Apparently, the larger square fuse box was only present on 1977 GS750 Models N & EN. Which means that maybe you have a Model B, C, or EC, which do not have that fuse box? These are the (5) 750 models shown on the parts fiche.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-16-2023, 05:14 PM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccup View Post
              My gs750 is missing the fuse holder so I picked one up on Ebay..My bike just has a positive wire taped to another under the left side cover..no fuse and afraid I could have a electrical melt down with such old wiring on the bike..I've searched for pics of the components under that left side cover but I never see the fuse holder included..were does it mount?.. and it also seems to have a ground wire mounted to the assembly which comes from somewhere..thx s-l1200.webp
              that is an accessory panel, meant to hook up optional accessories.
              It is optional, not a protection of your wiring.

Focus on nos 10 and 12, you need both.
              Last edited by Rijko; 11-16-2023, 04:46 PM.
              Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
              VM Carb rebuild tutorial
              Bikecliff's website
              The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post

that is an accessory panel, meant to hook up optional accessories.
                It is optional, not a protection of your wiring.

Focus on nos 10 and 12, you need both.
                After further research I agree..looks like I bought a fuse holder not taking in consideration of the type gs750 I own..I do need 10 and 12..found a pic of the actual setup..I have both wires that belong in that plastic barrel..even have the plastic slip which housed the extra fuse I think..Well for now Im gonna make use of a blade type holder I picked up awhile back..Appreciate all the help here! box-assemblyfuse_medium3674015010-01_f34b.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused View Post
                  I have a 77 GS750 and no fuse holder was found however, a barrel type fuse holder (stereo style) was installed. I installed a blade fuse holder for the bike and a seperate one for the voltage regulator after I converted to a modern one. You should do the same instead of using that barrel type fuse holder.

The attached pic shows the only fuse on the GS750 wiring diagram.

fuse.png
                  Looks like i was too quick in answering and Unfocused is right.
                  Depending on the model you have you may not need no 12.

Learning something new every day ...
                  Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                  VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                  Bikecliff's website
                  The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Do away with glass fuse and wire in a blade fuse holder
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post

Looks like i was too quick in answering and Unfocused is right.
                      Depending on the model you have you may not need no 12.

Learning something new every day ...
                      My wiring harness had a little bag with a glass fuse in it attached to the harness itself. I still have this...
                      Current:
                      1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
                      1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
                      1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
                      1998 Chevy C2500
                      1999 Rav4

Comment

The useless fuse holder I bought I believe goes on a panel which is under the right side cover..Found some pics.. s-l1200 (1).webp

Comment

On some models but not mine.. s-l640.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X