Control wires lost to fire, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
    I'm pretty certain my '84 GK wiring hasn't been messed with. I will snap some photos for you if it would help. Just let me know what you'd like to see.

I'm not much of an electrical person, but, there's alot of people here that are. I'm sure they'll help with the particulars.....

Do you have a multi-meter ? You can get one very cheaply at Harbor Freight.
    yes, got a multi-meter. Pictures would be great. I'll post some as well of the charred mess and stuff.

Comment

I'll take some tomorrow. Let me know if you want to see anything specific.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Here's a few pics of my harness. I really have no idea what wires power what......The only thing I could think that would be different is the wires that go into the fairing. Although, that bundle may have simply gone to the headlight cluster on the donor "G".

The other thought was that, on your righthand controls under the brake master cylinder is the switch for the brakelight. It may or may not be included in the harness you bought.

The two connectors you see here with nothing attached are that brake switch. I've removed mine because I have a new one coming.

Here is the wires that connect into the fairing. I need a new rubber grommet......Let me know if you want to see something else.

Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Thanks for the pics Larry D!! your's looks way better then mine at this point. If only I new what needed to go where.

Here are a few more pics, don't know if these will help with someone knowing what to do though.

Comment

Working...
          X