Coil relay mod schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil relay mod schematic

I've seen it explained, I know I downloaded it SOMEWHERE... but can't find it. Got my relays and wire ready to go. Now, could someone help me cheat?

check BassCliff's site.

It's explained about 6 different ways there

Comment

If your charging system is faulty as well, I'd suggest following Posplayrs super hotrod mega R/R and coil mod set up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        If your charging system is faulty as well, I'd suggest following Posplayrs super hotrod mega R/R and coil mod set up.
        I think that's the post I remembered reading. With that title in (hand), I should have a little better luck searching for it. Thanks again, Josh!

Comment

My biggest problem is with turn signals not flashing at idle when headlight is on.

Comment

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
            My biggest problem is with turn signals not flashing at idle when headlight is on.
            Clean your contacts. Im having a problem with the signals on my 750 as well.. I think its a load thing..I dunno cause im no electrical guru, but they light up, they just wont flash... Havent tried replacing the flasher just yet, cause its one of those old barrel ones... I might have another...ill have to look.

Comment

Think I'm going to be going over all the connections. The red wire from my rr was charred, and I replaced that, as well as adding a ground to the system, but only a bandaid to a bigger problem. Will more than likely upgrade the rr.

Comment

Think I'm going to be going over all the connections. The red wire from my rr was charred, and I replaced that, as well as adding a ground to the system, but only a bandaid to a bigger problem. Will more than likely upgrade the rr.
                Id do it soon.. you burn the stator in that motor up, You'll have to buy a new stator, RR AND A ROTOR because no one makes the 12 pole stators in these bikes new..

Comment

I've seen that list of rr's, are most of the current ones mosfet type? What have you picked up as the most practical replacement?

Comment

I just replaced my 1100ES RR with a mosfet. Pulled it off ebay from a Honda Rubicon (four wheeler) or a Honda Foreman... GOt it for around 35 shipped. If youre going to spend the money on a new replacement, go with the Mosfet..

Comment

How do you make the distinction that it's a mosfet?

Comment

How do you make the distinction that it's a mosfet?
                        The plugs on it... Here I show you

This is a MOSFET or FET regulator/rectifier. It will be off an 06 or newer Rubicon or Foreman (among other things, but these are readily available and cheap, comparitively speaking) Notice the two sets of plugs in the bottom, one grey, one black....

Comment

Cool! What did you use for the connector plugs? I have a website saved that sells new ones and I know individual connectors can be used..
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X