No Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Spark

Okay, so I have tried everything I can imagine, and I still have no spark. It's killing me! I will list what I know, and ANY ideas are welcomed.

1. Ignition coils/wires to plugs have been tested and are good.

2. New spark plugs.

3. "New" Ignition Box (the old one was fried by the P.O.).

4. There is indeed power going to the coils.

5. I tried testing the ignition box according to BassCliff's instructions. I THINK I got the plugs to spark once (heard two pops from #'s 3 and 4 while they were pulled), but I could never make it happen again.

6. All connections are good (old wiring harness was really messed up by the P.O., I replaced the entire thing and now all the electronics work)

7. If I hook a DMM up to a pulled spark plug that is grounded to the engine, it will give a reading every once and a while if I crank it over. Normally reads about 6.5 V, which seems odd. However, I can't even shock myself with the plugs on the bike (It took a long time before I was brave enough to try that, but I was getting desperate to know if there was anything at all getting to the plugs).

8. The electronic ignition sensor is kinda crusty... I did my best to clean it off, but it made no difference. The resistance through it measures in the proper range about half the time I test it, the other half, it is about 100 ohms under. in my opinion, this is most likely what is causing the issue, but I don't want to shell out money for one unless I know for sure.

This problem is driving me crazy! Like I said, any and all ideas are really appreciated.

It doesn't seem like my signature is working for some reason, but the bike is an '81 750L.

Comment

Working...
    X