Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring New Electrosport Stator and RR

On a 1982 GS750E.

I see that one of the three connections from the stator to the RR is apparently routed via the kill switch.

Do I need to maintain this circuitry, or is it OK to simply connect the three stator wires direct to the RR ?

What, if any, function does this routing have, and will connecting directly from the stator to the RR make any difference to the way the bike or the kill switch operates ?

Thanks for any help.

Just wire it directly to r/r and bypass wiring harness, less chance of problems with old wiring and connections. terrylee

Comment

Pete,

I just looked at a wiring diagram for a 82 GS750E. one leg of the stator wire goes up to the lighting switch. it does not connect to the kill switch.

by routing all three wires direct to the R/R, you eliminate "unnecessary" wire, contacts and connections from being "possible" sources of high resistance. if where the wires connect and the contacts inside the lighting switch are "good", then by-passing those connections and contacts, will not a difference make.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Very cool, thanks guys.

It looks like the stator comes with enough cable to reach the RR wires, so that looks like the way to go.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hopefully, you run with headlight on, because the stator will no longer be running at reduced output which seemed to be suzukis intent with running one stator leg thru the light switch. I think you'll see higher voltage output when you wire the stator direct and don't forget to have good ground from r/r to battery.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            Hopefully, you run with headlight on, because the stator will no longer be running at reduced output which seemed to be suzukis intent with running one stator leg thru the light switch. I think you'll see higher voltage output when you wire the stator direct and don't forget to have good ground from r/r to battery.
            Lights on is the law here. Maybe I can run a hotter bulb though.

Already have a separate RR ground direct to the battery -ve.

Comment

Working...
            X