flasher unit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flasher unit question

Rebuilding an old 1982 GS 650 L that sat outside abandoned for four years, It now runs and drives around my yard in 1st gear! This forum and assoc pages have been a godsend so far! Soooooo much knowledge!
    In trying to get indicator lights working have conductance on orange / green from flasher connector to lamp fuse, and conductance from grey connector plug to indicator switch on handlebars, still no flashers? Just at the location of the female flasher connector that exits the taped harness bundle there is a black/ white tracer wire that has a female spade connector attached, I cannot seem to find it on the wiring schematics, does anyone have any idea where or what it is used for? (some schematics for later bikes indicate a 3 wire flasher connection? however only two wires appear on the 82 diagram)
    Any help for the tinkering grandpa with his first bike is appreciated! will post a pic of the project, tis a bit embarrassing as all your bikes I have seen look so fine.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2010, 01:49 PM.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. wworthylake,

The stock flasher unit on these bikes want to see a specific load, 4 stock blinker bulbs, etc. If you've changed the bulbs or disconnected any, the flasher may not work properly. It's also possible that you have a bad flasher. Check my website for a flasher replacement guide and see if that helps. There is also a manual and wiring diagrams.

Anyway, I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X