Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator Question - GS650

Hi there,
    Just picked up a 83 GS650 Katana and found this forum, a wealth of knowledge on this site I must say!

Here is my question; Need a new stator. Want to buy aftermarket. Almost all aftermarket wires are yellow on the rebuilt stators. The bike has Yellow, White/Green, White/Blue. Does it matter how I hook up the stator wires to the bike's wiring harness? If so, since the aftermarket stator wires are all yellow, How do I determine what wires on the stator are the correct ones to hook to the appropriate colored wires on the harness?
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

All wires are created equal. As long as all 3 are connected, it does not matter which goes to which.

And welcome to the site.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Anyone know of a good place to buy a stator online that will ship to Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by Kozy_750 View Post
        Thanks for the info.

10 days after Ronayers.com took my money, they told me that they did not have it and shortchanged me on the refund.

Bikebandit will do it.

My local shop in Vancouver ordered one in for me. Took about 2/3 weeks http://www.modernmotorcycling.com/. Service there is hit and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kozy_750 View Post
          Thanks for the info.

Ricks Electric stators in Dennis Kirk (Wisconson) online catalog ..... ? ( I dont absloutly know they ship to Canada)

Welcome to GSR.

Last edited by Redman; 09-12-2010, 11:13 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ricks Motorsport Electrics Stator

Dennis Kirk Part #: 21584

Manufacturer Part #: 21302

Your Price: $132.99

eschhh, 132 dollars US. I was thinking more like 95 or 100 dollars.
            But then again, Dennis Kirk isnt the best prices, but does have a good catatlog and good online catalog.
            Last edited by Redman; 09-12-2010, 11:12 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

How about winding one?

Comment

Check the Stator Papers,there is one for DIY rewiring a GS stator there.Have not looked at it myself and hope I don't need to.
                There's a company on eBay that's in Quebec,they may ship to Canada
                Last edited by Guest; 09-12-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by motorcyclebaby View Post
                  That is a decent writeup. There is also one linked from BassCliff's website. Select Mr. Matchless "How To" Guides and look there.
                  I just rewound mine, and I have a couple of suggestions. First, plan on a few "do overs", so purchase more wire than you think you need. Second, wear a pair of cheap mechanic's gloves. Saves the hands and makes it a lot easier. Third, purchase a pack of wooden or plastic clothes pins. Very useful for manipulating the wire during the rewinding.

Comment

RM stator ships to Canada and they're based in Quebec, bought mine from there

Comment

Working...
                    X