No announcement yet.

Poll for Compufire R/R Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is running really well too, Installed over a year ago, and running 110W drivinglights (double H3 bulbs) regularly.

Comment

I should be close to the 10,000 mile mark by now and have had absolutely no problems with the Compufire. I installed it without changing the stator. The old stator had very dark varnish on it, but showed no signs of burning through on the outside. That lasted a year until it gave up and I had to replace it. Another lesson learned about listening to what people on the forum say. I was warned at the time that I should have replaced the stator.
      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I've been having charging issues with my ES since last September. Confirmed the battery is sound with a load test from the local Batteries Plus, bought a DMM and found I'm just getting 12.2 at the battery with any rpm

I'm fairly certain the r/r is original, as well as the stator, so I figure I got about 55k out of them! After much reading (and cleaning and testing...), today I ordered a new Electrosport stator and the compufire 55402 r/r. From everything I've read, this should do the trick.
        Scott
        1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
        1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
        1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
        2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sure it will, those parts have worked well on both of my G models. On my digital voltmeters while riding, I usually see right at 14.0 volts. The Compufire comes with a Weatherpack connector, so it will seal much better than the OEM stuff. Of course, you need to add a matching connector on your bile's wiring.

EDIT
          I can't re-vote, but I'm now between the 4K and 10K mark on my red bike, and under 4K on the blue one.

Comment

I installed a Compufire on my bike about 2 years ago along with a new stator. I haven't put alot of miles on it yet though maybe around 4,000 and all is good.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Bump,
              My Compufire is still running. Probably about 5K miles.

GS1100ED 1166

Comment

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
                I've been having charging issues with my ES since last September. Confirmed the battery is sound with a load test from the local Batteries Plus, bought a DMM and found I'm just getting 12.2 at the battery with any rpm

I'm fairly certain the r/r is original, as well as the stator, so I figure I got about 55k out of them! After much reading (and cleaning and testing...), today I ordered a new Electrosport stator and the compufire 55402 r/r. From everything I've read, this should do the trick.
                Do you have an update?

Comment

Mine's still going strong. Can't remember what mileage I've done since but I fitted it along with a new stator in my 1100 right after Bruce's 2010.
                  It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                  Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                  '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                  '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                  '82 GS1000SZ
                  '82 GS1100GL
                  '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

I haven't kept very good records but from checking dates of pictures and what I was doing at the time I believe I have at least 10,000 miles or more on my Compu-Fire.
                    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

mine is good at 2500 miles
                      whatever a mile is.

Comment

Bump ..........

Comment

.............bump

Comment

I'm going to start counting years, I keep loosing track of the miles.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                              I installed a Compufire on my bike about 2 years ago along with a new stator. I haven't put alot of miles on it yet though maybe around 4,000 and all is good.
                              the above was posted in 8/2012

2015 and being 5 years old my Compufire is still good as gold. Don't recall the mileage though I would say about 16,000 now.
                              Last edited by mrbill5491; 04-28-2015, 06:07 PM.
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                                mine is good at 2500 miles
                                whatever a mile is.
                                It is 5,280 ft or 1,609.344 meters
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X