1985 GS550ES Turn signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS550ES Turn signal

I was reading here that on some bikes the turn signal flasher should cancel itself after a certain distance, or after a certain time once you are above 10mph.
    Is this a feature on the 1985 GS550ES?

My turn signals dont cancel on their own. I have to manually move the switch to the middle after turning.
    Also by where the turn signal relay is installed, there are the two wires that go to the relay and then there is a ground spade type plug in a clear tubing that doesnt connect to anything. Did I forget to connect something here? Any ideas are welcome
    Thanks guys

Victor

I suggest a picture to help detail what you are describing.

Comment

Originally posted by victorgallas View Post
      I was reading here that on some bikes the turn signal flasher should cancel itself after a certain distance, or after a certain time once you are above 10mph.
      Is this a feature on the 1985 GS550ES?

My turn signals dont cancel on their own. I have to manually move the switch to the middle after turning.
      Also by where the turn signal relay is installed, there are the two wires that go to the relay and then there is a ground spade type plug in a clear tubing that doesnt connect to anything. Did I forget to connect something here? Any ideas are welcome
      Thanks guys

Victor

The signals are manual. No self=cancel feature at all.
      I had to buy a back up beeper once to reinforce manual cancellations.

Comment

hahha awesome. Was just making sure.

On your wiring harness that connects to the flasher relay by the battery.
        You should have a two wire plug that connects to the flasher relay. Do you happen to have a ground wire next to it that is not connected to anything?

Just wondering if I missed something during installation.

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
        The signals are manual. No self=cancel feature at all.
        I had to buy a back up beeper once to reinforce manual cancellations.

Comment

Originally posted by victorgallas View Post
          hahha awesome. Was just making sure.

On your wiring harness that connects to the flasher relay by the battery.
          You should have a two wire plug that connects to the flasher relay. Do you happen to have a ground wire next to it that is not connected to anything?

Just wondering if I missed something during installation.

Yup itr is just hanging int he breeze. I dunno why.

Comment

Goctha.

I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything, I was looking on the wiring diagrams on the manual and didnt find anything.

Thanks!

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
            Yup itr is just hanging int he breeze. I dunno why.

Comment

Working...
            X