Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'81 GS550T ignition replica for a few euro !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I'm Looking for the dimesions of this board. Could anyone who has one of these let me know?

Comment

the PCB is 7cm X 5cm

Comment

Originally posted by kokar View Post
        the PCB is 7cm X 5cm

Thanks. I'm going to be printing a few of these as a test. I appriciate all the hard work you have put in.

Comment

if you want I can send to you the negative film of my PCB for free

Comment

Noob Questions

I have a failed igniter box on my 1980 GS450L. I am considering building one based on your design. I am very mechanically able, but a bit nooby with electronics. I think I could pull it off, but I need a bit more information. I understand that "R" components are resistors, and "C" components are capacitors, but what are the other parts? The photo I got off the thread of the PC board is too small for me to read all the component numbers, and it looks like some of the parts aren't numbered; could you clarify and post a larger picture?

Sorry for being a simpleton, but I would like to see if I could get enough info to build one with my somewhat limited knowledge.

G

Comment

I think that my ignition feed on your bike, I think the only difference my be the colors of your wires and the connector

the wiring diagram of your bike is the following

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                Very interesting! Have you got it running with the FETs? Tell us more!
                I'm also interested! I've got a bad NPN Transistor on my board, and a handful of FETs kicking around. I'm thinking I'll replace the pair with FETs instead of waiting a month for the correct transistor to be shipped in from china if you got yours working.

Comment

it can be done, but we need to make a new PCB for FET drivers IR4427 .

Comment

i have used BU941ZPFI from digikey for my 1985 450l igniter box (i had to mount the larger case styles on the outside of the igniter box ) and the higher current transistors worked well as coil drivers

Comment

Cracking thread! It's so cool when someone gives their hard-earned knowledge for free. Thanks Kokar, this could come in useful in the future!
                      1996 GSF1200 — Pretty Much Standard.
                      1983 GSX750ES — Cafe Racer Project
                      1980 GS550E — 673 Conversion.
                      1980 GS400 — Cafe Racer???

http://biketech7.blogspot.com.au

Comment

thanks Chancho196, but I think this is the meaning of this site
                        exchange of information helping each other

Comment

Originally posted by kokar View Post
                          thanks Chancho196, but I think this is the meaning of this site
                          exchange of information helping each other

Kokar,
                          You have been very generous in your efforts to reverse engineer this ignition reproduce the PCB and even give it out it for free.I'm sure everybody appreciates your effort.
                          Jim

P.S. I was wondering if you know how many people got their PCB stuffed and working. I know Wallowgreen is an EE so he should have no problems if he got around to it.
                          Last edited by posplayr; 02-04-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

The troublesome baby kat turned out to have a carburetion problem and I was already working on a second set of carbs for it when the chance of this PCB came along.

So... answer is no, I haven't needed to build this up.... yet. Still have it tucked away for when the need arises!
                            It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                            Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                            '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                            '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                            '82 GS1000SZ
                            '82 GS1100GL
                            '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

i run this replica igniter since 2011 with no problem.
                              Thank you all guys

Comment

Sorry for hi-jacking this brilliant thread. Somewhere here it was mentioned that it's suitable för GS450 as well. I don't dare building one myself since +/- is my weakest side in life. I did, though, find a cheap GS550 81 ignitor on the web. Will this fit my GS450 81?

Cheers
                                /Viggo, Umeĺ Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X