Weird spark issue.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird spark issue.......

Heres something new. Bike has been hard starting for the last couple days. Before that it seemed fine and runs great. I pulled the #4 plug - stuck it back in the plug cap and laid it on the valve cover. It ONLY sparks when I RELEASE the start button. Did the same thing to #3. Same results. Just as I let go of the button it sparks and then starts. It does not spark when I push the button or while its cranking. Thoughts ??????
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
    Heres something new. Bike has been hard starting for the last couple days. Before that it seemed fine and runs great. I pulled the #4 plug - stuck it back in the plug cap and laid it on the valve cover. It ONLY sparks when I RELEASE the start button. Did the same thing to #3. Same results. Just as I let go of the button it sparks and then starts. It does not spark when I push the button or while its cranking. Thoughts ??????
    Maybe the voltage that igniter sees drops off too much when you engage starter, but shoots back up when you release button. Break out the multimeter. dying battery,tired igniter?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X