headlight and tailight out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight and tailight out

On the way home from work tonight I noticed my headlight and tailight were not working. The brakelight was fine and my signals worked too. I recently replaced the regulator and stator because of issues and on the 1st ride after that the headlight blew and I replaced it and no problems until today ( 1200kms since). Any thoughts? Love this site!
    Thanks,
    Trevor
    No signature

How's the fuse doing? Did you test it via a test light and not just look at it?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Obviously, your bike is newer than '79, and has more than just one fuse, but please tell us ... WHAT BIKE ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT???

There is one fuse that powers the lights, you will find it at the end of the fuse panel.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

LOL sorry it's a 1980 gs750e is it one fuse for the headlight and tailight?
        No signature

Comment

Loosing lights after having problems with charging system....
          Do you have voltmeter, can you check the battery voltage with bike running?
          Just to see that problem is not excessive high voltage that could be burning out the bulbs.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X