Daytona ASURA computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona ASURA computer

I just bought a new speedometer for my GS750E. A Daytona ASURA computer. Looks good, and works fine... BUT! When reading the manual, it says DO NOT leave ASURA computer under the sunlight... WTF? It is meant to be mounted permanetly. I can take it off, but it will take 3-4 houres.

I know my english is bad, but to me this means it cant take direct sunlight

Sounds like a "safety" warning to me... You might not be able to read it in the sunlight so maybe you'll be distracted or something.

Comment

It says leave under the sunlight.

Well I hope it can take some sun he he

Comment

Hi,

Yes, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I would send an email to their tech support and ask for clarification. In the meantime, just cover it with a cloth or something.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Well winter is comming here now, so I have 4-5 months before the sun comes back and my bike is out he he

Comment

Is this what you have?

My best guess is that prolonged exposure to direct sunlight will cause the screen to "blackout". I have experienced this with other LCD gadgets left in the car before.

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
              My best guess is that prolonged exposure to direct sunlight will cause the screen to "blackout". I have experienced this with other LCD gadgets left in the car before.
              That "blackout" is temperature-related. Cool the device just a bit and the display will return to 'normal'.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yes it is the same. Just hope I dont have to cover it up each time I park it in a place were it is sun

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  That "blackout" is temperature-related. Cool the device just a bit and the display will return to 'normal'.

Yup. Over time I've noticed it will not always return to normal though. The screen on my Sirius receiver didn't! Maybe it has something to do with the quality of the LCD? I dunno.

Comment

So this is actually a pos device... Had I known this I would never orderd it :-(

Comment

No one said it was a POS, it may be a great unit, the manufacturer probably put that warning on there to cover their ass in the off chance something does happen. I usually look for a shady spot to park my bikes if possible anyway lol

Comment

Working...
                      X