Rectifier/Regulator GS750 1977

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectifier/Regulator GS750 1977

Im looking to replace my Rectifier/Regulator with an all in one R/R im not sure whether the silver tube next to the finned earthed Rectifier/Regulator is needed or whether it is the actual regulator/regulator and the finned thing is just a heat sink?

The regulator is the little finned thing on the side of the bike (on your model) the rectifier is under the battery box.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      The regulator is the little finned thing on the side of the bike (on your model) the rectifier is under the battery box.
      thanks, so a new, all in one R/R means i can ditch the separate rectifier?

Comment

Originally posted by ybot1966 View Post
        thanks, so a new, all in one R/R means i can ditch the separate rectifier?
        Absolutely.

Comment

The silver tube is probably the solenoid for the starter isn't it?

There's a big list on here of compatible RR's that you can use. Matchless put it together. Honda ones are popular as are Shindengen FET (FH012 or similar).

Cliff has links somewhere on his site I believe & thee is also a thread on here http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

The Compufire ones as broadly seen as the ultimate but they are pricey.

I'm a London boy too, moved here a few years back...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hi,

Yes, check the electrical section of my little website for wiring diagrams and compatible r/r units.

CLICK HERE for a list of compatible stators and FET regulator/rectifiers for the GS850 and other bikes.

Also see Modifying a Honda R/R for GS Use (PDF file).

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Actually the silver tube IIRC is the flasher relay.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                The silver tube is probably the solenoid for the starter isn't it?

There's a big list on here of compatible RR's that you can use. Matchless put it together. Honda ones are popular as are Shindengen FET (FH012 or similar).

Cliff has links somewhere on his site I believe & thee is also a thread on here http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

The Compufire ones as broadly seen as the ultimate but they are pricey.

I'm a London boy too, moved here a few years back...
                It does look like a solenoid so the R/R might well be combined, ive found a new one on ebay sale £35

PS you must be used to the winters now

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                  X