Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this fuse here off the starter solenoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this fuse here off the starter solenoid?

Im trying to consolidate/clean/renew the electronics on the 79 GS1000L Im working on. I have everything situated where I want it for the most part except this:

(Not my picture)

What is this? Why do I need it? Can I remove it without effecting anything negatively? I was thinking about rewiring it to the new 6 way fuse block Im putting on the bike. I have an open slot and everything would be condensed but If I could just get rid of it that would work too. Id just like to know what it is and what purpose it has. My 80 doesnt this on it....

That is for accessories

Comment

Accessory fuse as Sqdancerlynn stated so not needed. It is an odd set-up for an accessory fuse as the are powered constantly instead of being switched so any accessory needs to be manually switched off or it will drain the battery.

One of the few changes to Suzie was to install a relay switched by ignition so that it turns off with the key. Smarter people aren't troubled by such things as remembering the obvious Someone told me that the beginning of wisdom is to recognize one's lack of it.

Comment

Working...
      X