Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indicators working when horn is pressed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators working when horn is pressed.

Today i decided to take off a tacky alarm,...... but dont think this has out to do with it as it was hanging half off anyways.

The battery on the bike is goosed, even when i charge it, it is flat in mins.... just decided to test the indicators and the left side didnt work.... so though i would check the horn and the indicators worked when horn was pressed but both very weak..

before i start making a big deal of this , do you think its just the flat battery or is it a loose wire in the switch gear

I believe the horn works by making and breaking the ground. You should clean up all your grounds and then work your way through all the connections, clean or replace if necessary and coat with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. Then start troubleshooting the electrical charging system. I always sandwich both sides of my grounds with stainless steel star washers so I'm sure of a good lasting contact.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Do all that and get a new battery and see what happens. terrylee

Comment

Working...
      X