Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any writeups on Capacitors as Battery eliminators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any writeups on Capacitors as Battery eliminators?

I was looking about but capacitor seems an unlikely and useless search string.

A cheap sources of pretty hefty capacitors would be yard sale food processors.
    I have one that looks like a large soup can. Though I have yet to hack into the thing and harvest the device.

There seem to be a lot of battery hybrid devices that offer the fallback of a battery along with the lightness of a capacitor.

I saw an article a long while back might have been a poplayr thing.
    I cannot find it.

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
    I was looking about but capacitor seems an unlikely and useless search string.

A cheap sources of pretty hefty capacitors would be yard sale food processors.
    I have one that looks like a large soup can. Though I have yet to hack into the thing and harvest the device.

There seem to be a lot of battery hybrid devices that offer the fallback of a battery along with the lightness of a capacitor.

I saw an article a long while back might have been a poplayr thing.
    I cannot find it.
    Ive done it and it works, but I havent really run the bike yet... I think BeerGood has done it also... not positive.

EDIT: My research shows that the cap should be at least 25v or so, the higher the better. The cap should be rated something like 10,000uf, and again, the higher the better.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X