Where is high beam switch? GSX750 ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is high beam switch? GSX750 ET

Hello Everyone, this may sound a bit stupid, and I hope I am being stupid as I've nearly got this bike on the road now, I have just swapped the ugly original binnacle for the round clocks off a gs750, both had the same wiring but the old one had a few extras which I'm keeping in a fabricated mini binnacle, everything is in and hooked up, and as I tested everything I noticed that the high beam indicator didn't illuminate but the headlight was on, but there is only one setting, on or off, although the switch does show ON-S-OFF, I assumed the 'S' was for sidelights and the on was for high beam. am I correct or does the engine need to be running or something, I hope so. I ran out of fuel so didn't try it running, and now it's turned into monsoon season I can't bear to go out and get drenched and find out something else needs fixing! Thanks in advance.

Well ,you changed gauges- you didn't really think it was plug and play did you? Can you take a pic of your headlight switch?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Not sure if your British GSX is that much different than our US GS, except for you having an actual headlight switch, but the dimmer switch is usually combined with the turn signal switch.

Try moving that switch up and down.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

loaned my bike to a buddy to get his license.
        I neglected to tell him of the integration of turn signal and hi\lo switches.

It was quite hilarious watching him squirm as the instructor went through the checklist of controls with him. He damned near failed his test because of it as the sticker had worn off the switch housing.

Most Suzukis I have seen use a four direction switch.

Comment

No pics until it stops raining I'm afraid, but it was nearly plug and play as I have kept all the extras from the old binnacle and it all works fine, even kept the gear indicator, all the wiring matched up exactly apart from an extra bulb for lighting the old dials, which also still works. I have to say, I didn't try the turn signal up and down, I just tried pushing it in, I may venture out for a sneaky try in a minute. Thanks.

Comment

Of course it was there, thanks very much, I have no idea how much longer I would've spent trying to find it, everything is now working, just need to change the oil and I'm away.

Comment

Monsoons where you are? You must be in the dry bit then.....
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
              X