keypad + push start button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keypad + push start button

what you guys think? keyless kaypad to push start button?

had remote start on my GS for ages now, works a treat and surprises a few bystanders. best to have a back up wired connection in case the battery goes in the key fob!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

i was thinking of the wow factor have a transporter style iginition be cool. i been thibking of the key chain button

Comment

thats what i have, same as a car remote. 1 button for ignition and 1 button for the starter. starts from 100 yards away!
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

no i mean a key pad,like thr numbers and push start. id post a better pic later im on my phone. but its all keyless. if i can figure a good way go do it im gonna do the remote start [IMG]i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/Shift21_photo/keypad4.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

1978 GS1085.

Comment

looks soo neat and cool

Comment

Originally posted by maddoggmike View Post
                what you guys think? keyless kaypad to push start button?
                ................. hi guys i luv that idea,, absolutely sweet are you going to send you new buddy in aust 1 complete regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                  had remote start on my GS for ages now, works a treat and surprises a few bystanders.
                  Especially if a previous bystander put it in gear.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    Especially if a previous bystander put it in gear.
                    wont start then mate, the starter relay is earthed through the neutral switch so if its in gear it wont work
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                      had remote start on my GS for ages now, works a treat and surprises a few bystanders. best to have a back up wired connection in case the battery goes in the key fob!
                      what about the choke? All of our bikes that I've seen need at least some choke until it warms up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                        what about the choke? All of our bikes that I've seen need at least some choke until it warms up a bit.
                        simple, determine how long you are going to leave the bike standing before you start it up again. if its only 10 minutes or so then you wont need any choke.
                        if its an hour or 2 then leave it with a bit of choke on ready.
                        if its overnight or left for a whole days work etc, leave it with full choke on for when you return
                        1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                        X