Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse Panel

Hello,

So I have my gs850 on the road now however I have a concern, My fuse holder and fuses get hot enough to burn you if you touch them but it will not blow the fuse. I did a quick check of the wiring and started unplugging stuff to try to find the short but found none. anyone have any ideas as to what to do next?

Thanks

What do the rest of your connectors and wiring look like? I'd make sure everything is looking good and cleaned up.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by javamotorsports View Post
      Hello,

So I have my gs850 on the road now however I have a concern, My fuse holder and fuses get hot enough to burn you if you touch them but it will not blow the fuse.

Thanks
      Normal current draw through abnormally high resistance at the fuse block.

Rework your fuse block per BassCliff's tutorial. It's simple and easy. Pay attention to each and every connection in there.

I prefer a Dremel with a miniature buffing wheel and a little metal polish for cleaning grungy terminals. Your connections will gleam. Top that off with <some chemical of your choice> (many opinions on this...) to keep things clean & shiny & properly functional.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. javamotorsports,

Fusebox Cleanup
        or
        Fuse Box Upgrade
        (by Mr. uudfourty)

You'll find a virtual GS850G partay on my little website. I've documented everything I've done to my bike. Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

That's great advice from these superb people here. Yes you must get those connections clean because resistance = heat. A quick way to tell how bad is to measure voltage before and after connections (or one side of fuse then the other). Have fun and enjoy the outcome of reliable circuits.
          Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Thanks for all the info, I will go through all the connectors this weekend. I have some new turn signals to install so I will be messing around some of them anyway. Thanks again and this is by far the best forum I have ever been on..... Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X