not a GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a GS

Have best friend who has a 84 Honda Rebel, and the bike always starts when it is cold and hasn't been ridden. But once he drives very far at all he can't shut it off because it won't start. If he lets it sit for about a half hour it will start. The starter will spin but not start the bike. Has relaced the starter with a good used one and no change. I was thinking starter clutch, any ideas? terrylee

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
    Have best friend who has a 84 Honda Rebel, and the bike always starts when it is cold and hasn't been ridden. But once he drives very far at all he can't shut it off because it won't start. If he lets it sit for about a half hour it will start. The starter will spin but not start the bike. Has relaced the starter with a good used one and no change. I was thinking starter clutch, any ideas? terrylee
    Does this mean you can hear the starter spin but the crankshaft does not rotate?

Comment

does it turn over when hot or just clicks ?

Comment

Yes it turns over, but just seems to spin as though something is not engaging to the starter. That's why I was thinking starter clutch. Again let it cool down for about a half an hour and it will start right up with no different or strange noises. terrylee

Comment

If the crankshaft is not rotating (a.k.a. turning over) I would look at the starter clutch.

Comment

Will do. thanks! terrylee

Comment

Working...
            X