Help me ID my lost key, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me ID my lost key, please.

I lost or mislaid my key, and when I called a locksmith he said the number I gave him made no sense.
    This is the number on the seat lock.
    I can't tell if it's 611 or 119, what do you think?
    Is this the number that tells you guys which key to have made?
    Any other way to find out what key I need to have made?

119 is the key code you need.
    I will check my key inventory and see if I have one to copy if you have no luck over there.
    Or, I can have one made for you here.

Eric

Comment

The local bike shop here still can cut keys by those numbers. Check your local Suzuki dealer if Eric doesn't have one..
      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will try my best tomorrow around here, but if I fail I may have to take one of you up on your offers.

Brilliant.

Comment

Bringing this guy back up.

My bike is a project deal and came to me in the bed of a truck in every piece you could imagine: minus the keys. There are three locks on the bike: helmet/seat, tank, and ignition. The seat lock and tank both have imprinted numbers on them, for which I had a local pro locksmith cut for me. They work fantastic, but other than a 6 or so digit number that was cast into the ignition assembly, there are no identifying marks on the ignition module and neither of the two keys I had cut will turn.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Comment

Just take the entire assembly in and they can put a tumbler "reader" in and then match a key to fit..or they can just rekey everything you have so that just one key will operate everything...which is the way I would go if it were me. Easier to just have a 1 key fits all bike. Get a few extra copies made as well. A bit pricey but worth it in my opinion.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

They just cut a key based on the three digit code on the tank/helmet lock. Doesn't work on the main ignition and I already gave them a bunch of money . Anyone know of somewhere I could send all the pieces to have keys cut?

Comment

Working...
              X