Help with wiring of the Martek ignition on my 78 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with wiring of the Martek ignition on my 78 1000

My 78 1000 came with this igntion.Great but when I took the harness off I didn't take note of what wire went where.PO didn't help as the harress looked hacked up.

So here are the ends of the Martek wires.
    And where I think they plug in to.Specificly the white and black with yellow tracer.But which one goes whwere?

So then there is this stff.OK with the 2 orange with white but why the second white?Assume the longer black Martek wire plugs into the black wire here or am I wrong?

This just is not helping.Thinking the black with yellow plugs into this one.
    Hoping someone can help me with this.

I found this site, it may help.
    Good luck

Comment

Just so happens that I have a Martek 440S in the box with factory instructions. Find the white wire and black wire that were connected to the OEM breaker plate (it was in a rubber sheath). The Martek red plugs into the white, and yellow into black. The long black wire from the Martek 440 goes to the orange wire to the turn signal relay (according to directions) I take it that is the power for the module.The Gasket for the Ignition cover supplied is about 1/8 in. thick, so the stock gasket won't work without rubbing the module with the cover.
      Last edited by OldVet66; 08-24-2012, 05:33 PM.
      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
        Just so happens that I have a Martek 440S in the box with factory instructions. Find the white wire and black wire that were connected to the OEM breaker plate (it was in a rubber sheath). The Martek red plugs into the white, and yellow into black. The long black wire from the Martek 440 goes to the orange wire to the turn signal relay (according to directions) I take it that is the power for the module.The Gasket for the Ignition cover supplied is about 1/8 in. thick, so the stock gasket won't work without rubbing the module with the cover.
        IS it any wonder we all love this site.Thanks a ton.

Comment

Working...
        X