80' 1100E turn signal help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
    I suspect you are not drawing enough power to activate the relay. Locate the stock bulb number and find the power draw (usually rated in amps, if so just multiply by 12). I suspect your stock bulbs draw closer to 30 watts than 20.
    To test this theory, do this (I know it sounds silly but it will work).
    Plug one into the front and 2 into the rear. That will give you a power draw of 63 watts. I strongly suspect you will see blinkage. You will have to do some creative temporary wiring, but it will see if the power draw is the issue.
    Give it a shot and let us know.
    So basically you're saying to just try the 3 turn signals?
    Would that test be with the stock flasher setup or the electronic flasher mod on cliffs site?

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
      So basically you're saying to just try the 3 turn signals?
      Would that test be with the stock flasher setup or the electronic flasher mod on cliffs site?
      Yes, what I am saying is instead of using 2 bulbs use 3 (on one side, either the left or the right). The test is the same with either flasher setup.
      To explain a bit more: a relay needs a load to turn off. If the load is not large enough, it will not turn off, hence not back on again. You won't harm anything, and you may learn something.

Comment

Working...
      X