1978 Gs550 No Spark ( Help )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Gs550 No Spark ( Help )

I picked up a 1978 Gs550. The wiring is kinda spliced in here and there. Number 1 & 4 coil plugs have spark but not 2 & 3. I then reversed the wiring . Removing the wires from 1 & 4 and plug number 2 & 3 coil in them to see if coil was bad. Coil pack is good cause shows spark. I guess its in the wiring where something went wrong? Anyhow. I see each coil pack have orange with with stripe and one has plain (yellow or is it white ) can not determine due to the wire being so old it lost its color, and one has a black wire. I also see that the points have 2 wires color coded, one black and the other yellow or is orange and white . Sorta color blind here sorry. Does the points wire pigtail in to the coil pack ? I see also off the harness theres a orang/ white strip wire with 2 pigtail conectors. Do i connect both coils (orange/white stripe into this. and black wire from points to black wire on coil pack? Doesnt make sense cuase i tried this but can only get on coil pack to spark. Please help..

Should be a simple fix once you have a wiring diagram.

Comment

Working...
    X