82 gs1100g need wiring help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs1100g need wiring help!!!!!

ok first off i bought this gs 1100g for a 100 bucks pumped its the second bike i have ever owned first being a complete disaster so picking this up got my mind racing as cheap as it was it has wiring gremlins first off im looking to make it a bobber project running the bare essentials head light brake light and charging system no turn signals speed o meter tach. nothing so im wanting to eliminate wires and hoping someone can point me in the right direction as i thought i could tackle this myself an after tearing it all apart i am very lost and dont want to lose interest as i always do any help is very appreciated

Sounds like you have it all planned out, snip away.

Personally, I am not interested in assisting anything that will be that blatanly illegal.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by rampimpin View Post
      ok first off i bought this gs 1100g for a 100 bucks pumped its the second bike i have ever owned first being a complete disaster so picking this up got my mind racing as cheap as it was it has wiring gremlins first off im looking to make it a bobber project running the bare essentials head light brake light and charging system no turn signals speed o meter tach. nothing so im wanting to eliminate wires and hoping someone can point me in the right direction as i thought i could tackle this myself an after tearing it all apart i am very lost and dont want to lose interest as i always do any help is very appreciated
      Look, rampimin, here at GSR we truly try to help folk, we really do. However, could you please explain to us why your first bike was a complete disaster?
      And please answer the following questions:
      Was this bike in excellent running condition when you got it?
      Were the electrics in good shape, no charging issues?
      The issues we have is that you have admitted you have already destroyed one bike. You have completely disassembled the second and admit you are over your head. We can spend countless months working with you, only to turn out another disaster.
      We truly sympathize with you, but you are once again headed for disaster. CraigsList is littered with bikes where people who did not know what they are doing turned out an absolute disaster. You appear to be headed down that path once again.
      Your best bet would be to part the bike out, that is, sell the parts. You will make much more than your $100 back. Then purchase a running machine, perhaps one that someone has already done the type of work you seek, and proceed from there.
      Best of luck.
      p.s. Please observe the laws of your state as well. For example, a motorcycle must have a speedometer and a rear view mirror, brake lights, running lights, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
        I'm going to do something out of the norm here when it comes to first time posters, who obviously are uniformed about a little protocol, and may need, and are asking for help...offer it.
        BLASPHEMY

seriously though rampimpin, your post doesn't actually ask a single question. you will probably find that people have an easier time answering your question(s) if you ask them.

Comment

This is the biggest problem that I see. According to this phrase, it is now boxes of parts. How do we proceed?
          And I agree, old_school, if he comes here with a complete bike we gladly do what we do with everyone, get it running properly first.

Comment

Hey, Schwartz, is that "blasphemy" only because there is no mustard?

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

I do not post here often, but am truly amazed at what I see at times.

I think you should have gotten it running first, then trimmed away what you thought you could do without.

Good luck with your local authorities.

Hopefully you will not be in my area to endanger my safety with your poorly-equipped machine.
              I ride many bikes.
              Some are even Suzukis.

Comment

Oh, my God, I may have found my first project.
                Where are you and when can I pick up the pieces?
                If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

ok first off i bought this gs 1100g for a 100 bucks pumped its the second bike i have ever owned first being a complete disaster ...
                  Did you ever get the first bike sorted out?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Hey, Schwartz, is that "blasphemy" only because there is no mustard?

Ketchup on anything but potatoes and the occasional scrambled egg combo is blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                      Ketchup on anything but potatoes and the occasional scrambled egg combo is blasphemy.
                      I know that many cooks feel that it is an insult to their creations, ...

but we make the ketchup, too.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

My wife and her family went to a very expensive steak house one evening. Her brother slathered his $30 steak with A-1. Ketchup on almost anything is the same thing.

If the OP ever responds we can get this thread back on track and see if we can help him out.

Comment

ok well first off i apologize it is not a complete disaster it does run im not getting spark to my outside cylinders and the wiring that was on the bike looks like it was cobeled together before my purchase of the bike the front faring was desteoyed basically so i took it off and when taking it off i at that point seen a mess of wires with wire nuts and electrical tape so i just want to rewire the bike completly i want to have the option of turn signals just not quite sure of the direction of the bike everything about my bike is decent shape just kinda like a bobber rat atyle personaly just curious if anyone had a wiring diagram that i could snag i have the skills to wire just not sure on what wires go where any help appreciated i will post pics hopefully monday as i work 12s and weekends

Comment

i do apologize for the lateness of my post just work all the time lol o

Comment

thank you i do appreciate it like i said i have all orignal eqiupiment in good shapebut my wiring was complete junk and wiring is not my strong suit i do have 2 new coils coming i have really good compression hopefully i get the wiring figured out and go from there thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X