X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire problems and dyna

ok i have a Dyna 2000 system on 7mm supression core red spark plug wires
    the dyna end of the wires keep coming loose and i have to re plug them in
    my question to yall is their a better dyna coil system that attaches to the wires better that wont break loose like a car ignition system!!

If I understand your question correctly: You have Dyna coils and wires. The end of the wire that fits into the coils keep coming out. Is this correct?

Comment

yes
      let me rephrase my spark plug wires keep coming out of the coils
      is their a better method or system of which to mount the dyna coils

Comment

I haven't done this myself, but I believe you're supposed to crimp the wires to the coils.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper0001 View Post
          yes
          let me rephrase my spark plug wires keep coming out of the coils
          is their a better method or system of which to mount the dyna coils
          I think I understand what you are saying...the connection to the Dyna coil keeps falling off, rather than the wires pulling out of the crimp connectors.

I had that issue, so I pulled the rubber caps off and was shocked at the shoddy nature of the crimp as delivered. The connectors to the Dyna were too loose so I closed them down a little with a crimp tool, and they haven't come loose since. EDIT- note this was with Dyna Green Coils, not a Dyna 2000
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

The Dyna 2000 is an igniter replacement. He should be running the green Dyna coils with that unit, or perhaps the black mini-coils.
            Actually might be talking about the caps themselves, which fit over the outside of each coil tower.
            Reaper, I never had that happen with mine, but in your case I might consider using a bit of black silicone to seal the caps to the coils.
            You might also consider moving the caps back a bit, exposing the copper part that fits down into the center of the coil tower, and opening each up just a small amount so the fit is tighter.

Comment

lemmy take some pics so yall will understand a little better!

Comment

this is what its suppose to look like

and this keeps happening

Comment

Check your directions that came with the kit. IIRC, the coil receptacles should face forward. At least they do with the limited space available on the 650. To my eye it looks like there is a lot of torque on those wires at the coil.

Do the wires pull off such that the cylinder to which they are attached misfire?
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Reaper, did you pull the rubber boot off yourself, or did it come off on its own?

Comment

thats a 90 degree boot but it doesn't look like a 90 degree crimped connector..... there are different connectors for either straight or 90 degree boots.... you could have the wrong combo.

Comment

Good point sparki. That is also the connector that the end user crimps themselves, so perhaps the crimp itself is slightly flawed?

Comment

The Dyna 8MM wire kit I got with my coils had straight crimp connectors and boots for the wires. It does look like there is problems with the crimp that are being made worse by the 90 degree boot and or wire length. I would get a crimper made for spark plug wires and possibly replace the wires and crimps. They are inexpensive. http://www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDetails.aspx?itemDescription=Dyna+Ignition+Wir es+8mm+suppression+core+(grey)&item=DYDW800 http://www.z1enterprises.com
                          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Unless I miss my guess, the wires are fairly new Dyna wires already. Perhaps replacing the crimps with 90 degree crimps? And a crimping tool itself is far better than just squeezing them with a pair of pliers.

Comment

guys i used a crimping tool
                              i pulled the boots off my self
                              but i will look in to getting new wires and crimped ends

Comment

Working...
                              X