Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150EF Update..

Hi again,
    #2 exhaust pipe was/is not getting as hot as the other 3, found that plug was not firing at the electrodes, (seemed to be from the insulator to the housing?) put in a new set ande still have the problem, so looks as if the carbs have to come off.
    The #2 old plug was very wet, so not sure what is happening yet, flooding??
    I spliced in a new ground and +ve feed from the RR directly to the battery and removed a foot of yellow wires from the stator and another 3 bullit style connectors joining them that were completely redundant, have not had chance to check volts yet, and cleaned all of the connectors that I could find.
    Removed petcock, filter very clean, but not much gas left in there and it never ran on reserve... Even painted the battery box..
    At least it fired right up and idled fine on 3 and a bit cylinders; wanted to check compressions,but I need to find a 12mm adaptor for my gauge..
    Heading out for a week touring in the big tin box, van, for a week, so lots of time to think about it.
    Maybe one day I will be giving GS advice to others.
    Regards
    Trevor
    84 1150EF
    Durham ON

#2 plug wet, fouled out??? suspect the petcock, leaking fuel down vacuum line fouling that cylinder. You can plug vac fitting on carb, run petcock in "PR" spot and test. Remember to switch lever back to "ON'
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

#2 plug wet?

Thank you Tom123 for the tip re the petcock, will check it out when back from vacation before going further into fuel side of things.
      Will a rebuild kit correct this if it is the problem?
      This problem may have started when I had to go to reserve and then couldn't restart with a low battery and no crank with a boost, there was no more than 2litres half gal left in tank, should have been more???
      Thanks again
      Trevor
      84 1150EF in Durham. Ontario
      Nr Brandon Vermont tonight.

Comment

Working...
      X