Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plugs

Okay, my bike when it was new had NKG D8EAs and I stayed with those until the Split Fires came out and went to those SF416Cs until they were no longer available (bike ran great with them). I then switch to NKG DPR8Z and have been running them ever since (no problems with them at all) I just came across the NKG Iridium DR8EIX plugs and I like their stats. Has anyone used these yet and what are your thoughts. Yes I know the R is for resistor plugs. Gonna find out if they carry them in the non resistor types today.
    Oh I run ACCEL coils and plug wires.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Now there is a bunch of numbers I never heard of in a GS before.
    Your bike should be running NGK BP8ES or BP9ES. or B8ES, B9ES, can't remember.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-22-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

No, he has a 16 valve engine so a 12mm plug. Stock is the D8EA as he listed. No idea on any of the others.

Comment

Ok, gottcha, it is always confusing with the different badging around the world, eish......
        To us a GS is eight valve, a GSX is sixteen valve, so when I saw GS750E, I naturally assumed, I know, I know, eish.......only in America

Comment

All those other plugs are cross references to replace the D8EAs, the newest one is the DR8EIX. All 12mm. was just asking if anyone has used these new iridium plugs yet? And yes it is the 16 v. motor.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
          X