GS Stator w/ 3 red wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Stator w/ 3 red wires

Some time ago I bought a stator cover replacement for my gs1000 on ebay. When the stator cover came, it had a stator in it with 3 red wires. I thought nothing of it at the time and set it aside. Now I'm starting to wonder if this is an aftermarket stator or an OEM for a model I'm not familiar with.

Stamped on the the stator ring is "037000" "1560" "12S" in different places. Thanks for any help with this ID

I think my stock one had 3 yellow wires for what it's worth....give it test (ohm test I guess) to see if you got a free spare one. My guess is the seller couldn't perhaps get it unattached and just shipped the whole thing. The screws that hold it in can be a 2 person operation to get out, or atleast mine was...

Comment

I've seen a million with 3 yellow, never seen 3 red. I already took it out (it was truly a bitch) as I just needed the cover. My OEM electric is slowly starting to **** the bed and I'm not ready to drop $200 on a new stator and a R/R. I would be happier than a pig in **** if this is a decent aftermarket one, the red wires don't look 30 years old. What should he resistance be, 1 ohm?

Comment

The wire color does not matter. On the gsr homepage in the garage section you will find the Stator papers. It will take you through a complete test of your electrical system. Get a cheap multmeter and you will be on track.
        One thing i know is that all my 1100 stators have that 037000# on them.
        Will try to help further when i get to a computer.

Comment

Suzuki OEM stators has colored wires that match the wiring harness (Grn/Wht, Wht/Blu, Yel). Aftermarket are usally all three the same color, usally yellow, but I have seen black, I suppose some could be red.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Cool, so maybe it is aftermarket. It is showing 1.8ohms between the wires on the bench. My current OEM stator is 2.5 ohms, and it's jumpy between two of the wires. I know I'm only getting 13v at the battery at rev, so I figured it's time to make the switch before it all goes horribly wrong. I guess I'll run this one and get a R/R from electrosport. All the CBR ones on fleabay are nearly $80 and up, so I figure I might as well buy new with a warranty. Thanks for all the help. Keep me posted if anyone finds out which aftermarket stators use red wires.

Comment

Originally posted by mrl1000l View Post
              Cool, so maybe it is aftermarket. It is showing 1.8ohms between the wires on the bench. My current OEM stator is 2.5 ohms, and it's jumpy between two of the wires. I know I'm only getting 13v at the battery at rev, so I figured it's time to make the switch before it all goes horribly wrong. I guess I'll run this one and get a R/R from electrosport. All the CBR ones on fleabay are nearly $80 and up, so I figure I might as well buy new with a warranty. Thanks for all the help. Keep me posted if anyone finds out which aftermarket stators use red wires.
              often when battery voltage is just a bit low, like you stated, the problem is not the stator or the R/R themselves. But more a bad connetion.

Try measuring voltage between R/R positive and the b attery positive, should be about zero point zero.
              Try measuring between R/R negitive and battery negitive, should be about zero point zero.
              Do both of those with engine at about 4000.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
              X