tail light turn signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tail light turn signal

Putting a dual tail light turn signal on my 82 gs550. Wires on the bike are as follow:Brake light-W, Br, B/W. Turn signal-B,B-B/W,B/W.
    The dual light has eight wires,4 on each side. Onew side has black red orange green. The other has black yellow green red. Any clue on how I wire this? I've already installed the LED flasher relay from Dennis Kirk. I hate electrical work!!!!!!!!!!!1

Did it not come with directions indicating which wire controls each bulb? On the harness, the B/W is the ground, Brown is the tail light, White is the brake light.

If I were to guess at the aftermarket wires, I'd guess that black is ground, the orange and yellow are turn signals (since they're the only ones different on them), and the red and green are tail and brake lights but no clue which is which.

I've heard you can use a 9V battery to test them, but haven't done it myself.

Comment

yeah, use a 9v battery to determine what wires are what. powerfull enough to light the bulbs but not do any damage if you connect them up wrong
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Yeah, no instructions. I will give the 9v a shot. thanks for the help guys

Comment

That was it guys, 9 volt did the trick. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
          X