Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What NOT to do when cutting out the stator loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback, Tom.

I tried to pick up that R/R Salty Monk had posted up a while ago,but it's made it's way to parts unknown. Actually, I think 850Cafe ended up with it... been looking for something for awhile as I suspected there might have been an intermittent issue right from the get go.

Do you feel like taking a shot at explaining your suspicions about that one 0.5 reading at step 2 of the C tests? I can always repost it in another thread if it might lead to an interesting discussion amongst the E/Es on the forum.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post

Do you feel like taking a shot at explaining your suspicions about that one 0.5 reading at step 2 of the C tests? I can always repost it in another thread if it might lead to an interesting discussion amongst the E/Es on the forum.
      I just know basic electronic stuff, but I suspect the zener diode (this forms the reference point for the 14 volt target voltage ) is failing. My original R/R behaved and tested similar to yours- I replaced it and got the desired results.

Lots of ebay offerings, here's a typical one- a big sh-538, 8 wire with two reds and two greens - should be direct bolt on (I have one to measure)

ebay item #130800382210
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I didn't realize the xx8's were compatible.

I'll check it out...thanks.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I sent you a PM - I think ( internet has been behaving oddly after Sandy)
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X