GS550 1982 Dyna s ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550 1982 Dyna s ignition

Ok so I'm trying to set my timing. On the marks what is the T1 , 1F , and 1 mean for 1-4 and the T1 and 470 on 2-3 do i set them both for T1 while advanced?

so with not really sure what im doing i set it to where T1 was closest to the whole and that was the only time ive heard the bike try to run....it tried a few times and then didnt fire no more

Originally posted by el6nino9 View Post
    Ok so I'm trying to set my timing. On the marks what is the T1 , 1F , and 1 mean for 1-4 and the T1 and 470 on 2-3 do i set them both for T1 while advanced?

Comment

The mark on the far left is tdc #1 and 4, second line is static timing (idle-2500 rpm) and the next line is where it should be at full mechanical advance 2500rpm+

Comment

So without being ran what should each side be set at? And it tells me to have it held in the advance position while static timing. But doesn't tell me which mark each needs to be set at

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
        The mark on the far left is tdc #1 and 4, second line is static timing (idle-2500 rpm) and the next line is where it should be at full mechanical advance 2500rpm+

Comment

Working...
        X