GS450 ignition problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 ignition problem

Hi, I'm from Finland and new here. Here in Finland we don't speak english everyday so my english is little bit rusted I'm sorry for my bad english
    Well, i don't know how to explain my problem for you in english, but I'll try

I bought GS450 with ignition problems last spring. I didn't have time to fix it. Now I have some time to find spark

Previous owner said he had tested with all new ignition parts, but bike didn't work with those.
    I checked all wires and some of those had burn on exhaust manifold. I fixed those wires and checked all wires allover and they are okay.
    I have new ignitor, battery, sparkplugs and caps.
    Battery is loaded and full. I measured voltage from ignition coil wire and it is little less than battery voltage. Pick-up coils give 2-9 volts.

It gave me few sparks once after I stopped pressing starter button. I yelled and danced, but when I tried again.. Yep, no sparks at all

I don't know what to do next, I hope you can help me

Welcome, most of usa also has trouble with the english language, so have no fear! What year?? Try this link

Are you confortable bypassing ignition and kill switches?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Gs450amatuer,

No problem with your English.

There are ignition test procedures in the electrical section of my little website. Hopefully they will help you. In the meantime, here's some S.W.A.G. to make you feel welcome.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X