1981 gsx750 no spark at plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 gsx750 no spark at plugs

Newbie here problem is one coil failed on bike so got another set for my gsx750 hardtail chop. Now no spark from any plugs put old working coil back on still no spark.
    things i done prior to coil fitting was fit new battery also replaced a couple of earth wires .
    There is power going to coils also bike has dyna s ignition.

Any help please .

You say you got power at coils-how about at ignitor? what kind of coils - stock 4 ohm? or something else
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

hi tom i have power at ignition also and power upto coils. do both coils need earthed to frame also i crimped new female spade connectors on wires goin to coils but they are bare and not insulated. not sure if that could be a problem as the coil is bolted directley onto the frame. The coils are standard gsx750 coils.
      cheers

Comment

The coils are earthed by dyna, so they must be insulated completely-otherwise no spark. The coils and dyna unit are fed by positive power at all times- it's up to dyna to ground out the coils at right time (this makes spark ). see this link for tips and wiring schematic

Edit; you don't have to insulated coil mounting bolts or frame, just the wires going to coils!
        Last edited by tom203; 04-21-2013, 06:30 AM. Reason: info
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for help tom will check out link and insulate those connections

Comment

Working...
          X