Broken fuse holder clamp help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken fuse holder clamp help

I was doing the fuse box clean up and the top left connector (red positive) double fuse clamp, one of ears just broke off. Where can I get another, do not to want to buy another fuse box for 60.00. Thanks

Can you attach a picture?

Add your bike year and model to your signature (under user cp then edit signature).

-Dave
    82 GS1100E
    five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
    Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Originally posted by 5azzmonkey View Post
      Can you attach a picture?

Add your bike year and model to your signature (under user cp then edit signature).

-Dave
      1981 GS1100E, In the pic from Bikecliffs fuse box cleanup red wire that goes to the connector that has fuse holder clamps for two fuses. Dont have time right now for pic will later.

Comment

Originally posted by alhntr View Post
        1981 GS1100E, In the pic from Bikecliffs fuse box cleanup red wire that goes to the connector that has fuse holder clamps for two fuses. Dont have time right now for pic will later.

Is this what you are looking for (see item "O")?

-Dave
        Last edited by 5azzmonkey; 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM.
        82 GS1100E

Comment

You can get aftermarket fuse boxes for less. http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-H8496009...cle+fuse+block
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Did it look something like this? Happened with my 78 1000,I feel your pain.I have a blade type off one one of the 83 750's I got with my 85 750 so I'm using that instead.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for (see item "O")?

-Dave

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Yes it is the double fuse clip with factory red wire attached to it, I don't think this a standard item. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post

Did it look something like this? Happened with my 78 1000,I feel your pain.I have a blade type off one one of the 83 750's I got with my 85 750 so I'm using that instead.
                Yep but mine was the double instead if the triple. I wonder if there is away to find some clips and some how engineer it into block and solder wire to it. Murphy's law at work. Try to fix something and make it worse. Ha hah

Comment

OK looking at that you have a different problem.

Comment

Maybe I can drill that clip out, find another and pop rivet it to the buss bar.

Comment

Maybe I can drill that clip out, find another and pop rivet it to the buss bar.
                      PM me, I have a spare that has 1 red and 4 orange wires into box (from connector plug) plus a red wire with bullet connector going into box. sound similiar?
                      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I'm amazed I found it - here's a quick and dirty pic
                        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yep but mine was the double instead if the triple. I wonder if there is away to find some clips and some how engineer it into block and solder wire to it. Murphy's law at work. Try to fix something and make it worse. Ha hah

You should be able to grind off the remaining tab and solder on one of the single style clamps (see my previous post for single clamps).

-Dave
                          82 GS1100E

Comment

You should be able to grind off the remaining tab and solder on one of the single style clamps (see my previous post for single clamps).

-Dave
                            Hit the jackpot, forgot about cycle salvage here in Boise. Found a fuse box from another Suzuki inline 4. Same exact box...10.00 Yes

Comment

Working...
                            X