Mystery Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Wire

I was cleaning all the connectors on my new 83 1100E and I discovered a solid green wire coming out of the wiring harness in the vicinity of the battery. Its long enough to reach the negative battery terminal, but I don't think that is where it belongs.This wire has a circular flat connector on the end. I've looked at the wiring diagram and can't find a solid green wire that terminates in the battery area. Does anybody know where this wire is suppose to go?

from the schematic : plain "G" (green) is a horn wire. "G/Bl" (Green with Blue tracer) is the battery sensor wire

Comment

It may be wire for the battery light. Some of those model bikes had a battery light and took a battery with a 3rd post. if the battery light is on , on your dash try touching it to the positive post of the battery, and see if the light goes out.
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Untraceable, it goes into the main loom and appears to be factory installed, not ad addition. The round flat connector is what throws me. Obviously it is intended to be bolted/screwed down to something. Everything works, horns, lights, gauges, etc, so I don't know what to do with it.

Comment

hjfisk, you are a genius, that what is was for. Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
            As I mentioned if that is the wire for the battery it is "G/Bl" not Green. I just checked mine, It is a little hard to see.

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
              Glad I could help.
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
              X