Led dash lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led dash lighting

I just finished converting all the dash lighting to high output Led's. It looks pretty good at night! I bought a pack of Led's with voltage dropping resisters from Parts-Express in Springboro Ohio for $3. My turn signals are Led and I'm using an EP34 electronic flasher. Couldn't believe how easy it was....Anybody make a Led headlight that will fit a 82 GS550LZ?

How good? how about a pic at night to dazzle us? not moving please!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by mash35231 View Post
      I just finished converting all the dash lighting to high output Led's. It looks pretty good at night! ....Anybody make a Led headlight that will fit a 82 GS550LZ?
      I'd bet getting a quality photograph of that will take some trial & error, but how 'bout giving it a try? Are they still that cool reddish orange? I've always loved the color of Suzuki's instrument illumination.

I've considered changing the illumination of my gear indicator lights to LED, and hiding a PWM control somewhere for night riding. They're never bright enough for me in daylight. (could be aging eyesight).
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I used really bright white led's behind the colored lenses in the dash but I've done some reading on the Parts-Express website and 1 person used the same color led like red behind the red oil pressure lens and he said it even looks better than the white...food for thought...I might try it.

Comment

It is generally recommended that you select the color of an LED to match the color of the lens it is behind.

Do not use a "white" Led that is going to be behind a colored lens. The "white" LED is acutally three smaller LEDs that shine together. Putting it behind a red lens, for example, will filter out the blue and green LED components, leaving you with the meager output of the red LED. Much better to start with an LED that is all red and use the full output.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'd like to see a picture of this. Sounds like it would be an relatively easy up-grade as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
              I'd bet getting a quality photograph of that will take some trial & error, but how 'bout giving it a try? Are they still that cool reddish orange? I've always loved the color of Suzuki's instrument illumination.

I've considered changing the illumination of my gear indicator lights to LED, and hiding a PWM control somewhere for night riding. They're never bright enough for me in daylight. (could be aging eyesight).
              Something to consider since the PWM's are so cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X