Got my new stator and R/R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new stator and R/R

So I received my new stator and R/R from Electrosport they are for my 1983 GS1100 G. On their website they say these items just plug into the old system. So how come the rotor comes with round bullet connectors and the R/R has flat spade connectors. I see that the R/R is made in China, going to be interesting to see how long it lasts. Also the old rotor has 3 wires coming from it and this one has 5 wires. I think I have read somewhere on the forum this problem has come up about the 5 wires so I will do a search on the subject. The wire colours are 2 yellow, 2 blue white and one green white. My guess is the 3 wires to use will be the 2 yellow + the green white.
    Any one used the Electrosport items before, I used them because they were recommended in the Stator Papers. Looks like the best idea is to change the spade connectors into bullet connectors on the R/R to mach the ends of the stator lead.

Sorry you bought that electro sport r/r . You would be much better off buying an sh775. I know now I tell you but it is true. Don't install it send it back. A much better one will even cost less $75 delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Sorry you bought that electro sport r/r . You would be much better off buying an sh775. I know now I tell you but it is true. Don't install it send it back. A much better one will even cost less $75 delivered.
      I just tested the R/R and it won't pass the diode test with the multimeter set on noise signal, when it is set to voltage it says .455 volts one way and 0 volts the other way for both + and - legs. does this sound right to you. By the way the stator is also made in China.

Comment

G'day, first off my assumption in the above post was incorrect, the wires used are 1 of the yellow, 1 of the blue white and the green white. I have no idea why the 2 yellows and 2 blue/white are spliced together.
        I tried to find a SH 775 R/R here in Australia but nothing here, can anyone point me in the right direction for getting one in the USA. I have looked on eBay and several other places but most are selling either no name brand or Electrosport, regards Neil

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Cav View Post
          I tried to find a SH 775 R/R here in Australia but nothing here, can anyone point me in the right direction for getting one in the USA. I have looked on eBay and several other places but most are selling either no name brand or Electrosport, regards Neil
          Do you have Polaris Powersport vehicles?

The R/R for a Razr or Ranger 800 from 2011 and newer will fit the bill.

Click HERE for a link to a US distributor.

It's item #1 on the fiche, you have to put in in your shopping cart to see the price.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I got mine off of an EFI Outlander 500 or something like that. Quite a few BRP/Bombardier/Polaris vehicles seem to use them, particularly fuel injected ones.

Comment

The Razr and Ranger 800 were EFI in 2010, but did not yet have the series regulator. That started in 2011, so check the parts listing to be sure.

Fortunately, they mention the fact that it is "series" in the part description on the fiche.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for that, I will look up Polaris and see what I can find, thanks, regards Neil.
                PS. I will take a couple of photographs of the electrosport statorso you can see the workmanship or should I say lack of workmanship on it. It looks like it has been hand wound by a blind 2 day apprentice with severe arthritis, fair dinkum it looks horrible. I kept my old stator and have finished hand winding it according to the stator papers and it looks good compared to this thing, I am looking round for a suitable varnish to finish it off.

Comment

Thanks for that, I will look up Polaris and see what I can find, thanks, regards Neil.
                  PS. I will take a couple of photographs of the electrosport statorso you can see the workmanship or should I say lack of workmanship on it. It looks like it has been hand wound by a blind 2 day apprentice with severe arthritis, fair dinkum it looks horrible. I kept my old stator and have finished hand winding it according to the stator papers and it looks good compared to this thing, I am looking round for a suitable varnish to finish it off.
                  Please post; I know people have talked about the poor quality even though the ones for my GS1100ED have typically been very good.

Comment

I would be interested too. I have one that is high quality. I wonder when the soulless profit weenies took over for the engineers at ElectroSport. Is the Ricks stator still a quality stator?
                    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Ok here are some of the photos of the Electrosport stator

Comment

Here is another it seems to have been hand wound by someone in a real hurry, definitely not machine wound.

Comment

Here is another it seems to have been hand wound by someone in a real hurry, definitely not machine wound.
                          It may not be pretty but it certainly doesn't look like there is a short. Of course clearances inside the rotor are tight so you cant be too sloppy or you will get physical interference.

This si a picture of the Electrosport stator I get when I order for my bike (at least have in the past). Definitely seems to be a different process if not a different vendor based on the color of the insulation.

Comment

"....or should I say lack of workmanship on it. It looks like it has been hand wound by a blind 2 day apprentice with severe arthritis, fair dinkum it looks horrible. "

It looks similar to Roostabunny's stator ( by Ricks)- they must compete with ES to find out how poorly these things can be made! I bet they go for low bid supplier on magnet wire too. No thanks, I'll take my chances with 30 year old used ones or try Steve's new rewinder.
                            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

This is the only picture I have of mine, but they are definitely off of my vender list for anything in the future. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
                              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                              X