Dyna S with coil relay mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna S with coil relay mod

I looked at several of the other threads on here prior to posting. I'm having issues with coil relay mod (PO installed). I've installed my Dyna S DC3-2 with coil wires tied into factory harness (black and white negative wires - tested continuity first and was good). Initially, I had the Dyna S red tied into the red wire feeding the coil relay mod and I was getting a ghost battery drain. AGM Battery went from 13v to 3 in a few days with key off and kill switch off. So, rewired red Dyna power wire to two orange wires at coil relay mod headed to positive terminal at each coil. Here is where it gets weird. Now, with key off, the right coil is getting 12v with key off and switch off, left coil is reading 0. It never used to do this.

Suggestions?

This in one an '81 850L with mechanical advance governor.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2013, 09:54 PM.

Looking to possibly update to Dyna DC1-1 coils and 8mm suppression wires but want to get this ironed out first. I think this is what everyone appears to be using here on the forum.

Dyna S DC1-1 coils.

Dyna 8mm suppression wire set.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you have your one coil hooked into the battery.
      Check your wiring.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
      X