Ordering a key from Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering a key from Suzuki

Anyone ever done this? I have always heard that if you have the number you can get one made through Suzuki..

If you have the number you can have one made by your local locksmith. The blanks are cheaper too unless you want the plastic part of the key. I had one made for 12 bucks.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      If you have the number you can have one made by your local locksmith. The blanks are cheaper too unless you want the plastic part of the key. I had one made for 12 bucks.
      Its actually for the gas cap that was replaced and the key is lost. They (locksmith) just need the number?

Comment

Yup. They just look it up on the computer and make a key. Probably cheaper in the states than here. Suzuki wants $16.95 for a blank and the locksmith had them for $2.50 for a plain metal one. The rest of the charge is for making it from a computer. If for some reason your guy can't do it. PM me the number and I'll get it done and stick it in an envelope to you.
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Yup. They just look it up on the computer and make a key. Probably cheaper in the states than here. Suzuki wants $16.95 for a blank and the locksmith had them for $2.50 for a plain metal one. The rest of the charge is for making it from a computer. If for some reason your guy can't do it. PM me the number and I'll get it done and stick it in an envelope to you.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Comment

There is an guy on eBay that will cut keys from the code using oem blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              There is an guy on eBay that will cut keys from the code using oem blanks.
              Any chance you might be able to narrow that down to thee guy? I currently only have 1 key for my blue bike and if I lost it

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
                Any chance you might be able to narrow that down to thee guy? I currently only have 1 key for my blue bike and if I lost it
                someone posted it recently so I would just be searching for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
                  If you already have a key, go to your local Ace Hardware store. If they do not have blanks in stock they will order them for you. They do not charge much for cutting them either; much cheaper than a locksmith. I bought a bunch for both my GS and Kaw bikes (I had 2 at the time) for not much money.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    If you already have a key, go to your local Ace Hardware store. If they do not have blanks in stock they will order them for you. They do not charge much for cutting them either; much cheaper than a locksmith. I bought a bunch for both my GS and Kaw bikes (I had 2 at the time) for not much money.
                    Bingo. Almost any hardware store can duplicate a key for next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonshindig View Post
                      Bingo. Almost any hardware store can duplicate a key for next to nothing.
                      yae but the locksmith will reproduce the original cut not reproduce a worn out cut.

Comment

I only have one key for my bike

It is just a matter of time...................

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                          I only have one key for my bike

It is just a matter of time...................
                          Tick
                          Tick
                          Tick

Comment

KK, just be careful of the Ace as the ones here in Dayton won't touch my key.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              KK, just be careful of the Ace as the ones here in Dayton won't touch my key.
                              You know, my Ace Hardware, the one that so kindly ordered all my keys, told me that they are independents. I guess your owner decided that his store would not perform such a simple task. Mine was more than willing. But he was unwilling to call another Ace store for a bolt I needed when he was out of stock, telling me they were competitors. Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X