I think my stator is bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my stator is bad

I've read the stator pages. I didn't check the voltage of the stator with the bike running, but with the ohm test I get OL on two of the three stator legs and 15.7 on the last one. The battery is not charging on the bike, and it is new. Would anyone else agree ?

Originally posted by Beerman73 View Post
    I've read the stator pages. I didn't check the voltage of the stator with the bike running, but with the ohm test I get OL on two of the three stator legs and 15.7 on the last one. The battery is not charging on the bike, and it is new. Would anyone else agree ?
    technically it would be hard to agree with you without further tests.

Comment

I'll attempt to follow the flow chart tomorrow

Comment

Pos after reading many of your posts I will have to assume the stator has been replaced in this bike by the PO? The three leads from it are yellow.

Comment

Pos after reading many of your posts I will have to assume the stator has been replaced in this bike by the PO? The three leads from it are yellow.
          If you do the quick test and post the results then we can go from there.

Comment

quick test results and stator page results

1 12.94
            2 12.03
            3 12.07
            4 12.11
            5 12.11
            6 12.82

on the stator pages flow chart on test phase B
            1st test 2 wires = OL 1 wire = 23.4 ohms
            2nd test engine casing 24.5 , 3.0 , OL
            3rd test all below 60 volts

Test phase C
            1st test OL on all
            2nd test .448 , .443 , .453
            3rd test 1.234 , 1.233 , 1.230
            4th test OL on all

All testing with a Fluke model 73 multimeter also upon wire connection inspection, no corrosion and fuse box checks out good.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

1 12.94
              2 12.03
              3 12.07
              4 12.11
              5 12.11
              6 12.82

This is saying that there is no charging at all going on.

on the stator pages flow chart on test phase B
              1st test 2 wires = OL 1 wire = 23.4 ohms
              2nd test engine casing 24.5 , 3.0 , OL

These are strange results

3rd test all below 60 volts

How far below 60 volts? If 59 VAC you should be charging some?

Test phase C
              1st test OL on all
              2nd test .448 , .443 , .453
              3rd test 1.234 , 1.233 , 1.230
              4th test OL on all

All testing with a Fluke model 73 multimeter also upon wire connection inspection, no corrosion and fuse box checks out good.
              Well I guess your initial conclusion was probably correct; change the stator

Comment

The voltages were well below 60, if I recall one was 2.3 , the rest were all real low as well.
                Ok now for the next question what brand and where would you recommend I buy a stator? Thanks

Comment

The voltages were well below 60, if I recall one was 2.3 , the rest were all real low as well.
                  Ok now for the next question what brand and where would you recommend I buy a stator? Thanks
                  Most times I am looking for consistency in measurements to not only deduce shat might be wrong but first qualify the measurements that were reported. That is how the quick Test came about.

Comment

What's your opinion on the caltric stator? It has a one year warranty? Also do you have a part number for the better Honda R/R?

Comment

What's your opinion on the caltric stator? It has a one year warranty? Also do you have a part number for the better Honda R/R?
                      I like electro sport stator but quality seems to vary depending on the model stator. Get the sh775 series r/r ; do a search for the link to the Polaris dealer.

Comment

Working...
                      X