7 inch sealed beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 inch sealed beam

Anyone know where I can find a replacement for my GS1000 or a good H4 bulb conversion?

H4 conversion at Candlepower.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The GS1000 already has an H4 bulb from stock. If you want more brightness, slam in something like a 9003/H4 Silverstar bulb and call it done.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

NOT ALL, my 82 GS850G had a sealed beam also, some PO may have converted it but it does happen. I found my H4 conversion on Ebay for less than 20 bucks including shipping.

Cheers

Comment

I'll second Candlepower. I replaced my stock reflector that was dull and have been very happy with it. I used the Narva Range Power + 50 bulb. Since I changed my R/R to a CompuFire, I haven't had to change a bulb since. That's going on three years now instead of every three or four months.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Dudes read the link
            its out of stock permanently

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
              Dudes read the link
              I clicked the motorcycle headlight at the linked sight.Might be a few more $$ but you really don't want a car headlight anyway.It's even free shipping to Canada,not a bad deal IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                Dudes read the link
                Sorry, I did not look at it that closely.

You would think that if it were out of stock permanently, they would remove it from the website.

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                I clicked the motorcycle headlight at the linked sight.Might be a few more $$ but you really don't want a car headlight anyway.
                True, you don't want a car light, if possible, but neither one of the lights shown on that page was a car light.

I just tried to look through their headlight catalog and was a bit surprised, and dismayed, to find that you have to be a Facebook member to view the catalog.

So much for shopping at Candlepower.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have had the Silverstar on a few cars and bikes.
                  They are brighter, but their lifetime is shorter than the standard h-4

1979 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Sorry, I did not look at it that closely.

You would think that if it were out of stock permanently, they would remove it from the website.
                    True, you don't want a car light, if possible, but neither one of the lights shown on that page was a car light.

I just tried to look through their headlight catalog and was a bit surprised, and dismayed, to find that you have to be a Facebook member to view the catalog.

So much for shopping at Candlepower.

OK I never looked at the $22 light,said it was a special buy.I agree with you if you don't have anymore take it off.Seems that stupid membership to that insipid organization has advantages after all.Finding a place with reasonable shipping to Canada ALMOST makes it worth joining

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
                    I have had the Silverstar on a few cars and bikes.
                    They are brighter, but their lifetime is shorter than the standard h-4
                    Ahhhhhh......the old trade off.

Comment

Working...
                    X